Seeking a full time postion after December 2021.
- Rapid Prototyping
- PCB Design (KiCAD, Eagle)
- 2D CAD (AutoCAD, NanoCAD)
- 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Fusion 360)
- Soldering (SMT rework, through-hole)
- 3D Printing and Additive manufacturing
- Microcontrollers (STM32, AVR/Atmel, PIC)
- Programming (C, Python)
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP, Toast Inc, Boston MA, Jun 2021 - August 2021
- Designed and printed a fully custom automated robotic hardware testing platform based on the ESP32 microcontroller.
- Worked closely with a cross disciplinary team of engineers to create detailed specifications for an upcoming tablet device. Learned about the ODM/JDM manufacturing process and the product development lifecycle.
- Gained experience in understanding the complexity of hardware design with multiple high speed signals such as MIPI, LVDS, gigabit ethernet and USB C.
- Technologies Utilized: ESP32, Python, Fusion 360, RF Explorer, and PADs viewer.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP, WARDJet, Tallamadge OH, May 2020 - May 2021
- Designed and implemented multiple data collection and analysis systems to assist with root cause analysis of clogs in cutting operations.
- Utilized metrics from sensors such as accelerometers, moisture sensors and piezoelectric microphones to assist with product development road map.
- Technologies Utilized: Python, Digital Signal Processing,Raspberry Pi, and MATLAB.
UNIVERISITY OF AKRON UNDERGRADUTE RESEARCH, LTA Research & Exploration, Akron Ohio, Sep 2018 - March 2019
- Worked closely with a multidisciplinary team to develop custom rapid prototyping and fabrication solutions for a innovative Unmanned Aircraft System.
- Retrofitted new safety equipment, maintained, and calibrated a 300 watt industrial laser cutter.
- Maintained a print farm of over 15 industrialgrade 3d printers which ran 24/7.
- Technologies Utilized: SolidWorks 2018, Simplify3D, Octoprint, and RDWorks laser controller software.
SUMMIT COUNTY ENGINEER’S OFFICE, Engineering Intern, Akron Ohio, Jul 2018 - Sep 2018
- Assisted with drafting of plans in AutoCAD and learned industry standard engineering draw practices.
- Technologies Used: AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, ArcGIS (mapping software)
Keyboard Warrior: A custom built STM32F303 keyboard running the QMK firmware.
- Goal: design and make a modular mechanical keyboard with ability to extend functionality over i2c (number pad, OLED display, etc)
- Schematic and board routing was done in KiCAD. With attention paid to crystal oscillator design, USB differential pair layout, and power supply design.
- Mechanical design was done in SolidWorks. A custom stacked aluminum case design was chosen due to simplicity and ability to easily fabricate.
LMS3990 CNC Conversion: A custom CNC Mill
- Electronics consist of Mach 3 breakout board, custom high current stepper drivers based on TMC5160 driver with encoder feedback, and a spindle speed controller.
- Mechanically designed in SolidWorks. Converted from linear lead screws to a C7 grade ballscrew system with custom made motor mounts.